Thursday 14 October 2010

THIS - Speculation...

 
So, as we move ever closer to the first release by THIS, I got to thinking. More specifically, I got to thinking about this interview, where Chamberlin said "[I don't have enough time to sit around and listen to ten songs from an album...]". This, alongside his other, similar, sentiments which he expressed about the record industry and culture, towards the end of his tenure in SP and the drum clinic last year, just made me wonder about what THIS might do different, if anything. 
 
Anyway, I know hardly anyone who comes here comments, but what do you think? Do you think the THIS release will be a straight up album or something different? 

More importantly, what do you hope for...?

((I would like a quadruple box set and a DVD, at least ;) ))

8 comments:

  1. Yeah, I think it will be a traditional album in the sense that it will be purchased as a package of songs. But, the Bandcamp.com release method is interesting (in a good way) Also intrigued about a vinyl release?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd assume that his sentiments about albums were heavily influenced by what Billy was saying and the direction SP was moving. But on the other hand, he knows the current state of music and how it's consumed; so I'm sure there's some validity in his previous statements. I wouldn't expect "This" to venture too far from the norm because I don't think they have that luxury (yet?).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quadraphonic Quadruple box set + 3D Bluray dvd + Jimmy Chamberlin action figure ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol. Saturn'. I don't think they'll do anything so 'absolutely ground-breaking' as release a song at a time, every 3 months - or such like. If people don't like the first song, say, they have no reason to come back, so I think you're right PP. And i'm very happy that the release through BandCamp is on the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think they should release it on laserdisc..

    ReplyDelete
  6. The "THIS" logo is no longer on the THIS website...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess, not long till we get the new site then... :)

    ReplyDelete